FEATURED CHEF, Jamal Mourad, The Poseidon Restaurant, Del Mar, California shares his recipe for Grilled Ginger Scallops and a Caviar Beurre Blanc Sauce. A great meal for fine dining on the beach or in your dining room.
The innovation of Poseidon is clearly reflected in the restaurant’s menu, what with a shrimp Caesar Salad and a chocolate gelato cake called a Mud Pie. Any time of the day, Poseidon comes out on top with cuisine, style and energy!
3 pcs U/10 dry scallops
1 oz ginger puree
5 oz spinach
.2 oz chopped garlic
5 oz purple potato
1 oz cream
.5 oz butter
1 oz beurre blanc sauce
.25 oz herb salad
.10 0z rainbow tobiko caviar
salt & pepper (to taste)
- Clean the scallops and marinate them with the ginger puree and start grill them medium cooking.
- Cook the purple potato in water, strain them from water and mash them with heavy cream, butter and chopped garlic, adjust seasoning for better taste.
- Mix the beurre blanc sauce with the caviar.
- In hot pan sauté the spinach with olive oil and chopped garlic.
- For plating dress the purple potato in the middle of the plate, aside plate the sauté spinach, put the scallops on the top of spinach and drizzle the caviar beurre blanc on the top of the scallops and garnish with micro herb salad.